Big for a Day is a new program for BBBSCO allowing children on our wait list to be involved in fun and/or educational activities while they wait for their long-term match. Big for a Day is a great way for adults to experience an activity with a Little without the full commitment of being Big for a year or more.
The benefits of Big for a Day program are:
- Children on our wait list get to feel special for the day
- Children get to participate in Match Activities opening their horizons to new experiences
- Volunteers get to checkout Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Oregon and experience what it is to be a Big
- Volunteers will find the experience rewarding, guiding a child through a new experience
Some upcoming Big for a Day events include:
- Mountain Biking with Cog Wild
- Fly Fishing with Fin and Fire
- Take a Little to Work Day with Alex Hodge Construction
- Cookie Decorating with Bend Cookie Company
- Archery Clinics
- Horseback Riding Lessons with Diane’s Riding Place
- and so much more!