How BBBS Works with You,
Your Child & the Big
BBBSCO works hard to support the relationship between Bigs, guardians and Littles. Our goal is for the relationship to be as successful as possible for everyone. Bigs, guardians and Littles will work with their Match Support Specialist to develop a long-lasting meaningful match.
It is important for us to talk with you every month for the first year of the match. This allows us to provide support and offer ideas if problems arise. After the first year we will continue to contact you regularly.
Your match support specialist, Jenna Rands, is the main link between you, your child, the Big Brother or Big Sister and the agency.
That’s not all the Match Support Specialist provides for your child’s match.
- Find information and resources that you might be interested in.
- Connect you with community resources.
- Keep you updated on activities offered by the agency.
- Help you communicate with your child and their Big
- Work with you on any conflicts that might come up
- Provides ongoing training
Some good reasons for calling your Match Support Specialist:
- To question your child’s safety or well-being
- Discuss general concerns you are having about the Big Brother or Big Sister
- Report any changes in address or phone number
- Report any emergency situations or your child’s illness
- Report any important family changes
- Report success stories about your child’s progress or special honors
T: 541.312.6047 | F: 541.312.6052 | Email: JRands@bbbsco.org